Saturday, January 29, 2011

Gadsby Meeting

My meeting on 1/28 went well with Gadsby. We discussed my resume. She gave me an example and we decided what to keep on my current one to make it into a teacher's resume. Additionally, she passed my name on to the Memphis City Schools recruiters and invited me to the recruitment meeting on 2/16, which I will be attending and passing off my resume that day. She wants me to submit my revised resume so she can critique it before then. She also told me my number one goal at this point is to get actual hands-on teaching time in. She gave me a contact for the Boys and Girls club and Volunteer Memphis so I can volunteer to get crucial experience. Also, I'm using my father as a contact to get me some hands-on teaching time with instructors at his school. She also is making sure I get an interview at the Career Fair with Memphis City Schools. Additionally, we discovered that the animation background I have is something they are looking for with their art/technology charter schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment